Oxford Medical Instruments
OMI PEMF Product Cautions And Concerns.
Reasons For Discontinuing OMI PEMF Products.
PEMF Supply was the exclusive distributor for Oxford Medical Instruments and their products in the United States and Canada for approximately 2 years.
Due to many ongoing concerns with Oxford Medical Instruments, we no longer offer this product line for the following reasons.
After extensive testing, it has been proven that the manufacturer has not maintained quality control during manufacturing. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Wires breaking inside the mat creating an electrical short and defective product.
- Low quality connectors that led to the cords separating or disconnecting.
- Poor soldering that resulted in wires coming loose on connectors and inside the controller housing.
- Low quality overlay stickers on the controller that stuck and rendered the buttons inoperable.
- Controller speaker defects.
- Consistent AC adapter failures from low quality components.
- PCB (controller) failures and glitches.
Failure to provide important product updates and revisions in a timely manner.
Difficult and delayed communication between Oxford Medical Instrument’s employees and customers.
Failure of the manufacturer to remedy and replace faulty products:
PEMF Supply has honored over 150 warranty claims on behalf of Oxford Medical Instruments that have not been replaced by the manufacturer. Currently, PEMF Supply is facing losses of over $200,000.00 due to defective products that the manufacturer won’t replace. Given these facts, it was necessary to discontinue distribution of their products.
Oxford Medical Instruments has been involved in an international lawsuit with at least one other company but hasn’t and won't disclose or provided documentation clarifying the situation.
If OMI doesn't resolve the warranty issues, it is possible that the State Attorney General of each State and or the Federal Trade Commission will shut down their company.